|Location||Hastings, Hawke's Bay|
|Listed||Tue 6 Mar, 3:05 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Holcim (New Zealand) Ltd is a leading supplier of cement, aggregates and ready mixed concrete for the New Zealand market. Its involvement in the New Zealand building industry dates back to 1888, and today it operates at 15 sites and employs approximately 150 people. It is part of the regional Holcim Australia/New Zealand business and the global LafargeHolcim Group, the world's leading supplier of cement, aggregates and construction-related services represented in 90 countries on all continents.
About the role
Based at our Hastings Quarry you will be responsible for river operations using our digger and articulated dump truck. You will also assist with other associated quarrying activities in order to extract and produce aggregate products.
We are seeking a reliable, hardworking, safety focused candidate who ideally has previous experience working within a quarry operation.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Prior experience in a Quarry Operation or similar would be preferred
- Experienced operating a digger/excavator around rivers is essential
- Experienced operating an Articulated dump truck
- Strong communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills - Word, Excel
- WT & class 4 Licences would be highly regarding but can be obtained on the job.
You will also need to be able to demonstrate a commitment to a culture that values and implements sound health and safety practices.
Why join Holcim New Zealand
- We invest in the development of our people, providing great careers within the company both locally and globally.
- We are dedicated to being a good member of the communities we live and work in.
- We are an organisation focused on best practice across all parts of the business, and so we lead the industry in Safety Management, Environmental Sustainability, Sales Force effectiveness, and Operational efficiency
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with a willingness to further extend their career in a progressive and consistently successful company that places high emphasis on the continuing development of the skills and abilities of its people.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.