|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Thu 24 May, 4:52 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Stellar Recruitment are currently partnering with a mid-tier Canterbury based Civil Contractor
as they expand their senior team.
Stellar is a recruitment and workforce solutions agency passionate about inspiring growth in our clients’ businesses through our relentless commitment to achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction. Our consultants are driven by the desire to provide job seekers with unique, life-changing career opportunities.
In line with company growth and recent project wins, we are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join the team of a leading mid-tier Canterbury based Commercial Contractor, recognised across the wider South Island for experience, technical capability and history of project success. This is a highly regarded company who carry a strong name within the market. The role demands someone with a strong personality who is experienced and confident running self-performing crews. If you have an understanding of the different work that goes into delivering a civil project from the ground up this would be beneficial.
As a Project Manager you will work across a broad range of disciplines including: Earthworks, Drainage, Subdivisions, Demolition and Civil Works.
• Project Structure: Ensure appropriate resources, structures, skills and expertise are available to deliver projects at hand.
• Project Delivery: Plan and direct projects, manage time, budgets and resources to meet project objectives.
• Leadership: Provide leadership to the project team, direct and indirect reports.
• Customer & Client Management: Manage relationships stakeholders, customers and joint venture partners.
• Quality Control & Safety: Lead quality improvement, safety & culture initiatives.
• Performance Management: Manage the performance of the project team to achieve target project outcomes.
• Training & Development: Provide guidance, advice and training to Engineering Graduates, Site Engineers and Project Managers on site.
Skills, Experience & Attributes:
• Proven track record of delivering Civil Construction Projects up to the value of $4M
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Civil Construction with prior experience in New Zealand
• Analytically strong, creative & innovative with regards to problem solving
• Excellent time management and planning skills
• Financially strong, experienced in producing cost reports and payment claims
• Experience managing multiple sites liaising with crews, supervisors & consultants
• Excellent communication, leadership and stakeholder management skills
• A good understanding of civil engineering projects from the ground up
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Dominic McGarr for a confidential discussion.
Dominic McGarr | Civil Construction | P: 03 974 2448 | E: Dominic.email@example.com