|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Mon 26 Mar, 8:39 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
At Brosnan Construction we firmly believe that a strong company culture is critical to ensuring a consistency to the way in which we approach and deliver our daily work. Ours is built around three key pillars of Relationships, Integrity, and Leadership. Our culture is one of ‘making a positive difference’ in all aspects of the business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key to the company’s success, Brosnan’s QS/Estimators are professional members of the commercial team. Their role is to develop budgets for a wide variety of commercial construction projects including new builds, refurbishments, re-clads and fit outs in all industry sectors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build Cost Budget estimates from preliminary documents
- Manage the build cost budget as the design phase progresses
- Prepare detailed estimates from tender/consent documents
o Maintain and improve subcontractor and supplier base
o Continue to build relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
o Request & receive subcontractor and supplier quotations
o Prepare schedule of quantities
o Estimate the cost of retained work packages from first principles
o Analyze subcontractor and supplier estimates
o Prepare and manage risk registers
o Prepare tender submission
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma in Quantity Surveying (or working towards the completion) or other relevant tertiary qualification
- Work with an ambitious team
- Health, Life, Trauma & Income Protection Insurance (after 6 months)
- Exciting projects
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.