|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Wed 28 Mar, 9:57 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We are looking for a highly experienced Commercial Manager who is confident in their ability to deliver. You will play a "hands on" role and be responsible for working on significant contracts on Major Projects across the South Island. This is an excellent opportunity to join in a leadership position reporting into senior management.
This individual will be confident in their ability to work within a strong team to support all corporate and project based activities in regards to managing important contracts/claims/variations etc.
- Management of a team of Quantity Surveyors
- Responsible for the execution of cost control for projects including: trending, analysis, change control, forecasting and cashflow
- A strong understanding of construction Law when creating terms on projects
- Assure that cost forecast process is in place and implemented
- Key Stakeholder Management with internal and external clients.
- Provides management and leadership for control of the execution of contracts by compiling and submitting on time and accurate progress claims and cost reports to clients and engineers as appropriate.
- Working closely with the Site Manager you will provide information and assist them to use management and financial reports to improve business performance; this includes coordinating the compilation of internal project reports
- The Commercial Manager ensures all commercial related clauses of the contract plus any audit related processes and issues are in full compliances.
Key attributes required include:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Management experience
- Understanding of construction law is an advantage
- Ability to influence all stakeholders
- Previous contractor experience is an advantage
- High level of analytical skills and is solution driven.
- Solid commercial claims and negotiation skills, displayed by effective dispute resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
We are looking for a highly experienced Commercial Manager who is confident in their ability to deliver. You will play a "hands on" role and be responsible for contributing to delivering an outstanding outcome on this current project.
In return, in addition to an industry leading salary package, you will be surrounded by professional and motivated colleagues across the management, site and office teams, and enjoy the unique opportunity to be involved in key projects in the region. You will be able to pursue professional development, will have a clear career development path, and will be able to establish a position as a respected professional in one of the country’s most successful construction firms.
If this sounds like an environment you are motivated to be a part of, and would like to understand more about this opportunity, please contact Matt for a confidential and no-obligation conversation, or express you’re interested by applying with your CV. In line with our values, your application will go no further without us speaking with you first.
Consultant: Matt McIntyre
Phone: 03 9282 464
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.