|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Pay & Benefits||NZ$60 - NZ$90 per hour|
|Listed||Fri 6 Apr, 2:05 pm|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
Job title: Quantity Surveyor
Company type: Main Contractor
Contract type: Contractor (GST)
Contract duration: 6 months
Start date: ASAP
Salary: $60-$90 per hour
Project Types: Medium Sized Builds
Project Values: $5m - $20m
Franklin Smith are currently working on behalf of a medium sized privately-owned NZ main contractor to work on a contract role until Mach 2017.
Our client is synonymous retail fit out and building projects throughout Auckland. They have an enviable reputation for the quality of workmanship throughout their specialist areas of development including education, commercial office space, apartments etc.… Due to pressing programmes there is a requirement for a Quantity Surveyor to work contract for the company from tender stage through to finalising accounts.
Managing the commercial element of two highly prestigious Auckland city construction projects the Quantity Surveyor will be based on site and responsible for the profitable delivery of the project. The Quantity Surveyor will be directly involved with the following functions:
- Cost Planning
- Procurement & tender evaluation
- Negotiation & preparation of contract documents
- Cost reporting
- Final accounts
- Contract administration
- Management of Quantity Surveying/Procurement Process.
- 5 + years' experience within Quantity Surveying, preferably with a main contractor
- Degree in Quantity Surveying - Preferably chartered but not essential
- Ability to price and estimate projects from $1m - $30m
- Ability to agree final accounts, negotiation with sub-contractors
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership abilities and self-motivated
To discuss the above role in more detail or to enquire about other interesting job opportunities, please contact Michael Donaghy on 09 281 2862, alternatively, please e-mail a copy of your CV and covering letter email@example.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.