|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Pay & Benefits||NZ$60 - NZ$80 per hour|
|Listed||Sun 11 Mar, 12:18 pm|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
Job title: Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Contract Administrator
Company type: Joinery and Fit Out
Contract type: Contractor (PAYE or GST)
Contract duration: 12 months
Start date: ASAP
Project Types: Commercial Fit Out
Franklin Smith are currently working on behalf of one of New Zealand's major commercial fit out companies in the search for a Senior Quantity Surveyor. This company has one of the best reputations within the New Zealand construction market.
Our client is synonymous with the major fit out of high end projects throughout NZ. They have an enviable reputation for the quality of workmanship throughout their specialist areas of development including education, commercial office space, apartments etc.… Due to pressing fit out programmes there is a requirement for a Senior QS to work contract for the company from tender stage through to finalising accounts.
Managing the commercial element of two highly prestigious Auckland city construction projects the Quantity Surveyor will be based on site and responsible for the profitable delivery of the project. The Quantity Surveyor will be directly involved with the following functions:
- Cost Planning
- Procurement & tender evaluation
- Negotiation & preparation of contract documents
- Cost reporting
- Final accounts
- Contract administration
- Management of Quantity Surveying/Procurement Process.
- 7 + years' experience within Quantity Surveying, preferably with a main contractor
- Ideally experience in managing the commercial function of large fit out projects.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying - Preferably chartered but not essential
- Ability to agree final accounts, negotiation with sub-contractors
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership abilities and self-motivated
To discuss the above role in more detail or to enquire about other interesting job opportunities, please contact Michael Donaghy on 021504639, alternatively, please e-mail a copy of your CV and covering letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.