|Company||Christchurch International Airport|
|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Wed 8 Aug, 4:06 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We are looking for an experienced Operations Controller to join our IOC team for an 18 month fixed term period. As Operations Controller you will be responsible for operating the Emergency Alerting System, co-ordinating initial response and emergency calls, and monitoring systems, controlled access points, CCTV cameras, CIAL phone lines, car park systems, fire alarm systems, internal communication systems and radio channels.
You will work a four day on and four day off roster, rotating between five shift start times to cover the 24-hour operation of the airport.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have a minimum of NCEA level 3 or equivalent
- be experienced in a call centre environment, preferably with operations experience
- have an excellent telephone manner and be able to relate to a wide range of people
- be technically savvy and comfortable working with technology and a range of systems
- be able to think quickly and make appropriate decisions in a calm manner
- be quick to learn new tasks and systems
- have excellent knowledge and experience of Word, Excel, Outlook
- have working knowledge of Christchurch Airport geography preferably
- have knowledge of the travel and tourism industries.
In line with our values, we look for passionate storytellers for our place in the world who make every visitor interaction with us the very best it can be. Our employees must be responsible guardians of the airport, demonstrating quality service, safety and security. We value team players who do what it takes to assist customers, stakeholders and colleagues alike.
What we offer
Christchurch International Airport Limited (CIAL) is committed to being a champion airport and a key contributor to real growth in Christchurch and the South Island. We exist not only to bring people south from all over the world, but to relentlessly create opportunity for our place in the world. Join us on the journey and you will become part of a strong team driving growth for the economic benefit of our airport, our city and our island.
CIAL offer a competitive salary and on-site car parking. When you're with us, we won't just value you, we'll celebrate you. We hold regular team lunches, Christmas events and an annual awards night to make our team feel welcome, valued and appreciated! With a 4x4 roster you can make the most of days off, exploring the South Island or just enjoying a work/life balance. To top it off, our office has one of the best views in Christchurch, looking across the airfield to the mountains!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.