|Company||PGG Wrightson Ltd|
|Location||Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Wed 11 Apr, 1:16 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
PGG Wrightson is one of New Zealand's leading nationwide providers of products and services to the rural sector. We are helping grow the country through our knowledge, service and expertise. This role is full time, Monday to Friday, and may require working on rostered Saturday mornings and is based in the Rotorua Rural Supplies store.
About the role:
Based in-store, you will provide knowledgeable sales advice and service to a range of both agricultural and horticultural clients. You'll be heavily involved in the day-to-day manual operation of the store such as assisting with stock management and displays, sales processing and deliveries. You'll have a keen interest and passion for the local agriculture industry, and your excellent communication skills will set you apart.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide sound advice to a variety of customers based on their needs
- Pro-actively solve queries and problems from customers, suppliers and other staff
- Process sales and product requests with efficiency
- Order, unpack and display merchandise according to company guidelines
- Undertake Forklift, Ute and trailer driving and delivery duties
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience in the New Zealand rural sector is essential
- A full, current and clean New Zealand driver's licence
- Experience driving (automatic and manual) and backing trailers is highly desired
- A team player who can roll up their sleeves and contribute to outstanding results
- Good physical fitness as regular heavy lifting is required
- Previous retail and/or sales experience is an advantage but not essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook is essential
We are committed to growing our employees and we develop leadership and technical expertise at all levels of our company. We provide extensive in house sales and technical training and offer a number of benefits including retail buying privileges. Get a foot in the door and build your career with PGG Wrightson.
For a confidential discussion please contact Tim Smith, Retail Sales Manager on 027 498 8093
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.