|Listed||Fri 2 Feb, 5:13 pm|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
- Do you want to make a difference to our communities and build a better future for everyone in New Zealand?
- Are you customer focused, intelligence led and agile?
- Fixed term opportunities until June 2019
Inland Revenue is currently reinventing itself as a modern revenue organisation. This transformation will bring about significant change to the way we operate and how we interact with our customers. We're making the tax system simpler, more open and certain for New Zealanders to pay their taxes and receive their entitlements.
We have an opportunity for enthusiastic Customer Service Officers - Level 1 to join our Whangarei team on a fixed term basis until June 2019 to support us through our Business Transformation journey.
This is an excellent way to enhance your career as part of a great team, while helping our customers manage their tax affairs. Most people meet their obligations of their own accord. However, there are some who don't and that's where our Small Medium Enterprises teams come in.
We are looking for people who can carry out a range of recovery activities which include prevention and assistance through to recovery and enforcement. To do this it is important you have empathy while being emotionally resilient, confident and capable of dealing with adverse and difficult conversations professionally.
To be successful in this role ideally you will:
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrate sound decision making and analytical skills
- Have the ability to relate to people from all walks of life and to look for win-win solutions
- Be a results orientated self-starter
- Be able to work independently and also thrive in a team environment.
Are you keen to join us?
On offer is the opportunity to gain valuable experience and be part of our transformation journey. We work in a fun, and at times fast paced team environment. To ensure your success, you will be provided with appropriate training and support along with regular coaching and performance feedback.
Please click `apply' and submit a CV and your cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria and outline the skills and experience you will bring to this role.
For further information please see the attached Role Description or if you have questions please email email@example.com
Applications close Wednesday, 21 February 2018
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.