|Company||Anglican Care Waiapu|
|Location||Whakatane, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Mon 9 Apr, 11:41 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
|Reference||Centre Mgr St Geor|
Anglican Care Waiapu is committed to supporting our most vulnerable children, young people, families/whanau and elderly; partnering with them to achieve positive outcomes. We recognise and acknowledge Te Tiriti o Waitangi which invites us into a covenant relationship with Maori of mutual respect, support and dialogue.
Waiapu Kids St George’s is a friendly Childcare Centre with a real heart for our children and community, operating under the umbrella of Anglican Care Waiapu. We offer high quality education and care in a safe and engaging environment. We cater for up to 50 children, including 20 under 2 year olds. Learning is interest based where teachers help to foster a love of lifelong learning.
We are looking for an experienced ECE Manager to join our experienced team at Waiapu Kids – St Georges. This is a permanent, full time role, and you will be responsible for overseeing the operations and daily running of the centre, with a strong focus on effectively managing planning, assessment and curriculum with our team.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be a fun and energetic role-model, and conduct yourself with integrity and respect for others, displaying excellent leadership qualities. You will have the skills and experience to motivate others to be exceptional in their teaching practice. You'll confidently meet administrative and compliance expectations with your amazing attention to detail, your can-do attitude and positive approach. You'll be proficient in using strategies and online tools to efficiently manage your time.
Ideal candidates will have:
• An ECE qualification, and current NZ teacher registration.
• Proven operational management experience within an Early Childhood Education setting
• Ability to proactively manage, mentor and inspire a team; setting goals, offering feedback and celebrating with them when they are achieved.
• Proficiency in using self-review to sustain ongoing improvement.
• Sound business acumen, professional work ethic and the ability make sound decisions
• Professional and effective communication, both written and verbal, and the ability to adapt your communication as required
• An ability to build relationships and work in partnership with a variety of external and internal stakeholders including parents, families/whanau, community, Iwi, funding partners, other social services, our church partners
• Ability to foster an environment reflective of the special character and Christian values of Anglican Care Waiapu
This is a great opportunity to bring your passion, experience and vision to develop this service alongside a team who are committed to delivering quality early education and care where children are empowered to learn and grow in a caring stable environment, incorporating Christian principles and the Anglican ethos of care, respect and equity.
If you are interested, we would love to hear from you – for a Job Description and Application form please email Donna Judson at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 027 663 1127.
Applications close 27th April 2018
All shortlisted applicants will be vetted rigorously to both our and the Vulnerable Children's Act standards.
Anglican Care Waiapu is the social services arm of Anglican Diocese of Waiapu, providing faith based services to children, young people families/whanau and elderly throughout the Hawkes Bay, Bay of Plenty and Eastland. The successful applicant will need to have the ability to foster an environment reflective of the special character and Christian values of Anglican Care Waiapu.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.