|Location||New Plymouth, Taranaki|
|Listed||Thu 10 Oct, 1:30 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The YMCA Taranaki Childcare Centre is looking for a Curriculum Lead to support and lead our dedicated teaching team to provide a quality environment focused on teaching and learning. This role is a 40 hours per week role with rostered hours between 7.00 am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday. The Centre is licensed for 49 children – 19 under 2s and 30 over 2.
We want an creative and nurturing person who enjoys learning, laughing and playing alongside our tamariki and has the following attributes:-
• Fully registered teacher, who is Primary or ECE qualified.
• At least 2 years’ experience teaching in a childcare centre.
• A passion for early childhood education and delivering high quality education and care.
• Strong understanding of programme planning, learning stories, self-review and assessment.
• Ability to inspire and motivate children and teachers.
• A calm and caring nature.
• Good knowledge of ECE regulations and compliance.
• Strong understanding of the Te Whaariki curriculum.
• Has a collaborative approach and a great role model.
• Energetic and a sense of humour.
• Love the great outdoors and all things natural.
• An excellent communicator (written and verbal).
• Innovative and demonstrates initiative.
• First Aid Certificate or the ability to obtain one.
As a valued teacher, the YMCA Taranaki can offer you:
• Training and on-going professional development
• Teacher registration costs
- First Aid Certification
• Staff concessions – ie, for Before & After School Care Services and Holiday Programmes
Applications close 5 pm, 1st November 2019
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.