|Pay & Benefits||Competitive salary and healthcare benefits|
|Listed||Thu 10 Oct, 4:12 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
BestStart Peachgrove is part of the BestStart family. We are a small centre licensed for 36 children aged between 3 months to 5 years old, which allows for close relationships between staff, tamariki and parents/whanau. Our environment indoors and out offers a broad range of natural resources and we offer a child-initiated learning programme with amazing support from a group of passionate Early Childhood Education (ECE) teachers.
As a dynamic teacher, you will need to have a great understanding of curriculum and planning and assessment, the ability to build relationships with staff, whanau and the community and be passionate when working with children.
- Previous experience is essential along with knowledge of the operational requirements within an ECE environment.
- To continue to build on and strengthen the use of internal evaluation to inform decisions about outcomes for children. As well as ensuring a strong bicultural connection to the local community, whanau and tamariki is a priority.
- Previous experience with working alongside Early Intervention and sound knowledge of supporting children's social competence would be an added advantage.
- Effective time management with planning and assessment.
- You must be fully certified and registered in ECE and hold a current first aid certificate.
This is a permanent position, 35 hours per week.
As a Beststart employee you will receive a competitive wage, childcare discounts, a uniform, extra sick days, healthcare insurance, training incentives and more. We provide great learning and development opportunities for children and staff alike - we're proud of our employees and are committed to providing teachers with professional development opportunities that further develop their skills, knowledge and careers.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.