|Company||Weltec and Whitireia|
|Location||Lower Hutt, Wellington|
|Listed||Tue 9 Jan, 11:12 am|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
- Built Environment 0.5 FTE (part-time, fixed-term role)
- Share your skills and inspire others
- Develop your career further with our supportive team and managers
- Varied and exciting role in a progressive education environment
- Use your industry knowledge, experience and passion for Built Environment QS to engage a new generation of students
Have you a Degree in Architecture/Construction Management, Quantity Surveying and some industry experience? Want to make a real impact on the future of our industry? Or perhaps you're working in construction and want to try something new?
An exciting opportunity has become available to join an industry leader in the field of Construction and teach courses as part of a New Zealand Diploma in Construction New Zealand Diploma in Architectural Technology.
Some of the core elements of this position will include course delivery and management of resources relating to the learning processes. Specific subject areas Law relating to the Construction Industry, Site feasibility and the impact of buildings on the environment, construction materials and finishes, and NZS3604.
WelTec is looking for someone who is keen to pass on their knowledge and has an enthusiasm for learning and education. This is a teaching focused position; Tutors are not required to undertake research as part of their role. Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written are required.
This position is fixed-term for one year.
- A Bachelors in a construction related discipline
- Teaching qualification or teaching experience is desirable
- Recent, relevant teaching experience, preferably within a tertiary teaching environment
- Experienced in the use of electronic and on-line technologies in teaching is preferred
- Quantity Surveying, Construction management, Architecture experience in industry is preferable
- Personal qualities, behaviours and key skills
- Clear, confident and skilled classroom presenter
- A customer focus with demonstrated ability to be both flexible and professional
- Willingness to accommodate a variety of learning styles and strategies in instructional delivery
- Demonstrated collegiality in an academic teaching and service environment
If you enjoy working with a dedicated and friendly team within a progressive educational environment, you wouldn't want to miss this opportunity. WelTec offers training, support and generous leave provisions.
Visit www.weltec.ac.nz/careers to view the position description and apply for this position. Please ensure you follow the instructions for the job application process and complete all the sections of the online application.
For other information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday, 29 January 2018.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.