|Company||Te Aho o Te Kura Pounamu - Correspondence School|
|Listed||Tue 27 Mar, 9:30 am|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
Online teaching/learning resource writing
Independent contractor role
Te Aho o Te Kura Pounamu (Te Kura) is New Zealand’s largest school. We provide personalised and authentic learning programmes through distance education from early childhood level to NCEA Level 3, including to young adult and adult learners.
Our vision is to enable our students to achieve their educational and personal goals, empowering them to become engaged and contributing members of their communities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified practitioner to assist with the development of our NCEA Level 1 Gagana Samoa online course. Note that this is a contract for services role, not a teaching position.
You will have recent secondary school experience in teaching Samoan language and in-depth knowledge of Ta’iala mo le Gagana Samoa - The Gagana Samoa Guidelines.
A good working knowledge of G-suite (Google) tools, MS Office products, and Learning Management Systems is desirable. A willingness to engage with new online tools and to work to agreed timelines is essential.
The contract role will commence Monday 30 April. Weekly contract hours to be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The position of contract Gagana Samoa online curriculum writer includes:
- Developing engaging content for NCEA Level 1 Gagana Samoa
- Developing activities that promote learner confidence in all language skills
- Making best use of the interactive and collaborative features of the LMS
- Incorporating fa’asamoa throughout
- Sourcing images, videos and audio content as relevant
- Sourcing external content as relevant
- Liaison with the Online Programme Manager through all stages of the development process
- Attending workshops as required - for training purposes and to meet with other members of the project team
- Critiquing content prior to launch in the online environment
To get a feel for learning online at Te Kura in other learning areas please go to our Showcase course: http://www.tekura.school.nz/news/my-te-kura-showcase/ Details of how to login are available on our website.
You will be responsible to the Online Programme Manager. You will also work closely with the Curriculum Manager, the Kaihautu Matauranga: Nga Reo, and other members of the Curriculum and Online teams.
Expressions of Interest in the form of CV and covering letter to be submitted to Sheryl Ching, Online Programme Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to contact Sheryl with any queries regarding the contract role.
Please include your experience related to Gagana Samoa teaching and curriculum resource development, your contract availability and the time you are able to commit to the project.
Expressions of interest close 5pm, Thursday 5 April 2018.