|Location||Whakatane, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Thu 29 Mar, 3:01 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The role's purpose is to provide front-of-house services and exceptional communications for our main office. As the face of the Whakatane site, the position will be responsible for the organisation’s social media and communications strategy, so learners, staff, and partners can connect and share information through many platforms. Make the front-of-house fun, efficient, and full of manaakitanga – where everyone who passes through is helped in a professional and respectful way.
We're looking for someone who fits Eastbay REAP's learner-focused culture. As part of that, we expect a range of skills and experiences could add value to our organisation, including (the full Job Description gives more detail):
- Sound knowledge of social media and communications strategies
- Proven customer service and community engagement professional
- Strong understanding of team information sharing platforms
- Experience producing high quality media and publications
- Committed to being part of a bi-cultural organisation
- Strong administrator with outstanding organisation and record keeping skills
- Positive and helpful attitude with a sense of humour
- Flexible, organised, and collaborative team player
- Full NZ Driver's License
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you! Request an application pack with the full Job Description via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). We encourage you to come in to see Ryan or John (our CEO) for a chat. Get a feel for us and the role!
Applications close 12pm Monday 23rd April. Interviews will be held 24th & 26th April.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.