|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Fri 6 Apr, 2:08 pm|
|Type||Part time, Contract/Temp|
The Shuttle Time Coach role is for the purpose of extending the growth of youth participation of badminton in our region. This role will target new schools and initiatives delivering the Badminton World Federation’s award-winning Shuttle Time programme with a real focus on attracting new players and having a fun pathway towards club and development programmes.
Badminton Canterbury is seeking a dynamic, talented and self-motivated person to deliver the Shuttle Time programme. You will use initiative and look to develop opportunities for growth ensuring excellent communication throughout the process with all stakeholders. You will have a proven track record in implementing programmes and cultivating productive working relationships to achieve positive outcomes.
Full training in Shuttle Time will be provided. Badminton experience is not essential. Own transport is required, and you may need to carry racquets, shuttles etc.
Key Components of Role
Deliver Shuttle Time activations in
- in schools (Primary / Intermediate / Secondary)
- afterschool and community settings
- holiday programmes
- Experience in a sports / recreation industry / coaching
- organized and able to assume both coaching and administrative responsibilities.
- Ability to work under own initiative
Person Other Skills/Abilities
- Competent IT skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Experience utilising social media
Position may suit a relief or ex teacher, at home parent looking for some extra daytime work, or a uni student.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.