|Company||Tai Poutini Polytechnic|
|Location||Grey, West Coast|
|Listed||Thu 29 Mar, 12:51 pm|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
Full-time, fixed-term, 12 months
We are looking to recruit an Outdoor Education Tutor to work with our existing team. This is a fixed term opportunity to cover parental leave.
We need someone who is energetic, motivated and loves working with students. This role involves significant time in the field and the ability to self-manage is highly regarded.
- academic facilitation and administration skills are important to the success of both the students and the organisation
- imparting technical skills to enthusiastic students in an engaging way
- a commitment to further training and personal development
- a sound knowledge of risk management in outdoor recreation.
Skills and knowledge
You will ideally hold NZOIA qualifications in a range of disciplines and have achieved NZOIA Level 2 in at least one area.
- An empathy with young people and recognition of the benefits of Outdoor Education in their development
- A passion for environmental sustainability
- Full driviers licence
- Pre hospital emergency care, outdoor first aid, or equivalent First Aid certificate.
About Tai Poutini Polytechnic
Tai Poutini Polytechnic provides access to a wide variety of innovative, quality industry approved training programmes throughout New Zealand, with campuses on the West Coast, Auckland and Christchurch. We deliver more than 100 different programmes, and have a diverse workforce spread across the country. Our vision is to provide employable graduates who are ready to work in a diverse and changing global environment.
Ready to apply?
For further details and to apply, please go to our website http://tpp.ac.nz/about-tpp/job-vacancies/ or for more information please contact Human Resources on email@example.com
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close at 12 noon Friday 27th April 2018.