|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Tue 10 Apr, 11:05 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The School is looking for an academic staff member to teach Design Thinking as part of the Bachelor of Design and Bachelor of Business degrees. Design Thinking is a unique programme created and delivered by the School of Art and Design for the Faculty of Business and Law. This programme teaches creativity and design to non-designers with the purpose of creating tomorrow's innovative business leaders. The Design major introduces business students to the principles and practice of design, from activating and harnessing creativity, through to the application of design processes that enable them to become design thinkers. We are the only New Zealand University offering students a business education with a focus on design integration as a strategic business activity. The position will involve maintaining the highest standards of teaching and optimum learning environments for diverse students enrolled in the programme.
We prepare our students for a changing future. We provide them with a contemporary curriculum, learning environment and the technical tools to optimise learning, and help launch them into the world as independent, creative, confident and well-prepared graduates.
The lecturer acts as an interface for student learning, delivering up-to-date techniques and sharing current industry knowledge to students. Effective performance will result in the students maximising their capabilities to reach their potential.
Do you have:
- The ability to provide high level academic teaching and research for 'design for business' related programmes
- Knowledge and experience in design thinking, creative practices, service and experience design
- Experience with academic quality assurance and curriculum development
- The ability to provide an inspiring and innovative learning experience for students from undergraduate to postgraduate level;
- Willingness to develop and evolve content, systems and environments in the creation of new papers, curricula, pedagogy and their administration
- Sound knowledge of what constitutes effective learning and teaching; and
- Active research and/or practice in the design, design strategy, experience design, design thinking, innovation and/or cognate disciplines in design for business.
The successful applicants should have:
- A formal academic qualification (PhD and/or Masters in Design) or equivalent experience as well as professional experience
- Teaching, research and professional experience
- A high level of organisational and time management skills;
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Reference Number: 58682
Closing Date: 02 May 2018
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.