|Location||New Plymouth, Taranaki|
|Listed||Fri 9 Nov, 2:16 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The ideal person will deliver a youth development programme that will assist rangatahi to acquire new skills while increasing confidence and motivation, through supporting their active participation and accessing further education, employment and training.
This position requires a person who will see potential in people and thrive in a challenging and ever changing environment, have a case management approach who can develop and implement individualised plans that meets the needs of the rangatahi and provides measurable positive outcomes.
Applicants will need the following attributes:
• At least 2 years’ experience of case management.
• 2-3 years’ experience working with youth.
• Relevant social work, teaching or youth qualification (Diploma level or above).
• Able to assess and analyse information to make informed decisions.
• Experience in conducting assessments and developing individual plans.
• Experience in developing and delivering a curriculum programme that meets the needs of the individual.
• Ability to work in a culturally responsive manner that demonstrates a commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi.
• High standard of professionalism and integrity.
• Ability to work autonomously and part of a team to achieve set outcomes.
• Experience in developing and maintain strong relationships with community and government agencies.
• Strict adherence to health and safety standards and procedures.
• Excellent computer and communication skills (written and oral).
• Ability to work with a diverse range of people and services.
• Is results focussed.
• Proven ability to produce reports at a high level and maintaining reporting procedures.
• Knowledge of court processes, experience in advocating on behalf of youth and Family Group Conferences.
• Full clean driver’s licence is essential.
• First aid certificate or willing to obtain one.
YMCA Taranaki is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent. As such we adhere to the requirements under the Vulnerable Children’s Act, ie police vetting and references.
A full job description will be provided on request.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.