|Location||Wanganui, Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Listed||Thu 7 Feb, 11:51 am|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
- Fixed Term
- Palmerston North and Whanganui positions available
- Monday – Sunday: Hours and days vary;
YMCA Central has unique opportunities for highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic professionals to join our team.
About the YMCA:
We Help Young People Create Their Futures!
For over a Century, the YMCA has been delivering an amazing range of activities and opportunities for young people across the Central North Island. These include:
- Early Years Learning
- Y Kids “Out of School Care & Recreation”
- Finding employment
- Training in ‘Real Life’ skills
- Support and a helping hand for young people with difficulties
- Education outside the classroom.
Across the region, over 500 young people actively participate at the YMCA every day of the year!
Youth Mentor Positions
YMCA Central in Palmerston North and Whanganui are looking to appoint dynamic and enthusiastic Mentors, to be part of our growing Youth Services Team. The hours available vary depending on which young person you match.
Some contract hours are flexible so you can work them around other commitments.
- As a mentor, you would guide the young person in need of social development, emotional support and companionship.
- Support and coach our young people to achieve their individual mentoring goals and plan.s
- Act as a positive role model.
- To support youth in all aspects of their lives and to encourage growth by adhering to the YMCA’s values and guidelines.
- Planning and activity Prep providing opportunities for our young people.
- Daily note taking and monthly progress reports for Service Manager.
Desired Abilities and Attributes:
- Willing spirit.
- Awareness of different cultural values.
- Good listening skills.
- Sense of humour.
- Previous experience working with youth would be beneficial.
- Personal skills/ hobbies that you can provide to benefit our young people.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Full driver’s licence.
- Youth Workers Certificate or similar would be advantageous.
CVs and Cover Letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
State what area you are applying for – Palmerston North or Whanganui
Our positions carry
- A work environment that encourages personal and professional growth, including further training.
- The opportunity to develop and fine-tune your leadership and coaching skills.
- Opportunity in the future for you to take on more responsibility as the sector changes to fit customer demand.
We need your help to grow Bigger, Stronger and Better!
Applicants for these positions must be over the age of 18 to work with children and should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.