|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Tue 27 Mar, 5:36 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Established in 1984, DBCon has earned a reputation as one of NZ’s leading structural and civil engineering consultancies. We offer design work nationwide and provide on-site engineering services in the following locations: Taupo, Waikato, Thames/Coromandel, Auckland & Bay of Plenty. Our Engineering Consultants specialise in structural, geotechnical, civil and environmental engineering. We carry out nationwide design work and contract supervision over a wide field.
The successful applicant will be fluent in written and verbal English, be able to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, tradespeople and Council officers, and be able to perform as an integral part of a team of professionals. Attention to detail and accuracy are important, as is the ability to use initiative, adhere to deadlines, and self-manage. Must be able to produce a high level of accuracy on all engineering documents submitted for Peer Review. S/he will have a keen interest in personal development in the profession, maintain CPD and update their personal Engineering NZ page.
Applicants must already have the right to live and work in NZ and possess a full NZ driver’s license.
Qualifications: Diploma or Certificate in CAD, along with 4-5 years in residential experience. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Word/AutoCad/Adobe Acrobat is required.
The main purpose of this role is to meet a client or colleague’s brief and draw the structural/civil engineering elements of the job.
This role will have several jobs on at any one stage and the CAD Draftsperson is responsible for:
• Managing of workload (via Workflow Max – training provided if required)
• Meeting deadlines agreed with clients and colleagues
• Preparing quality drafting using AutoCad and referencing appropriate New Zealand Codes of Practice
• Communicating with clients and colleagues where necessary.
• Supporting the senior engineers in amending previous documentation and updating the DBCon library.
• Keeping current with Engineering NZ, Council and national standards regarding construction.
• Maintaining a continuous awareness of and adherence to HSW2015 and organisational health and safety requirements
Please answer the following questions in your email cover:
1. I already have the right to live and work in NZ (yes/no)
2. I have a full NZ Driver’s licence (yes/no)
3. My salary expectation is: $
4. My highest qualification is:
5. My work experience in this role is: (in years)
CV’s must be submitted direct from the applicant (by email and in pdf format only) by Friday 13th April 2018, to:
Team Leader Auckland
A job description may be obtained from email@example.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.