|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Mon 26 Mar, 2:04 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- East Tamaki location
- Great team
- Diverse and inclusive workforce
Seeking an experienced Utility Worker for our Faults team in East Tamaki. If you are a team player with great attitude, then look no further.
Our client is a large scale multi-utility service provider that has experienced continued and sustained growth. This company's strength is in its people, with a high standard of support, respect and work. They invest heavily in both their staff and community.
You will be joining a diverse and inclusive workforce, with opportunity to develop your career.
We are looking for an experienced Utility Worker who enjoys working outdoors and doesn't mind getting their hands dirty. Working in the Fault team, you will carry out excavation and reinstatement around underground utilities on our client's network.
Responsibilities include a range of general labouring work, use of powered plant and equipment (including mini excavators, forklifts), subdivision and overhead line support work and moving and transporting of materials.
You will enjoy working outdoors, be capable of heavy lifting, digging, and other manual tasks. You must be flexible with working hours, happy to do overtime to ensure the team meets their deadlines, reliable, be a good communicator and have a safety-first attitude.
This role is a great introduction to the power contracting industry and may lead the way into other areas for the right candidate.
All candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol testing.
- General labour work including trench digging, equipment installation and plant operation
- Trenching and laying of power cables
- Installation of electrical distribution switchgear and transformers
- Off-site job preparation and post job clean up
- Ensure correct equipment available for task
- Ensure safe work practices and a safe site at all times
Skills and experience
- Full NZ Class 1 and Class 2 driver's licence
- Full NZ Class 3 and forklift endorsement (advantage)
- Previous experience in operating excavators (advantage)
- Strong literacy skill for reading and understanding plans
- Compliance with health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements
- Fit and physically capable of carrying out duties
- Good verbal and written communication skills
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
We welcome applications from returning Kiwis, those persons with the immediate right to work and those who can achieve a visa status.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call the team on 09 282 3156 quoting reference #13243
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.