|Listed||Tue 29 May, 12:19 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Whangarei location
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Diverse and inclusive workforce
Our client is looking for two Trainee Electricians to join their stable tight-knit team in Whangarei. Training and support will be provided for achievement of qualifications.
Northpower is a large scale multi-utility service provider that has experienced continued and sustained growth.
The company's strength is in its' people, with a high standard of support, respect and work. They invest heavily in both their staff and community.
You will be joining a diverse and inclusive workforce, with opportunity to develop your career.
Our client is currently seeking two Trainee Electricians to join their Electrical Services Team in Whangarei. The Trainee applicants may be current first, second or third year apprentice, or a school leaver. Strong motivated attitude is a must to make the most of all opportunities provided to them to learn and develop new skills.
Reporting to and working closely with the Field Services Manager, the Trainees will gain on-the-job experience and industry know-how, while working under the guidance of our experienced Electrical Fitters, Power Technicians, Radio Technicians and Electricians. You will support the existing team and will work across departments as required.
The role is ideal if you have a proven work ethic, enjoy working outside, not afraid of physical work and are keen to establish a solid career path. This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to invest in their future.
If you are a team player with a 'can do, will do' attitude, have an excellent attendance and safety record, a clean New Zealand Driver's Licence and are able to pass random drug and alcohol tests, then please apply today.
Please include your hobbies or any personal achievements for us to know your interests and things you are passionate about.
- To carry out prescribed electrical work, under supervision and as per regulations
- Accurate record keeping and reporting
- Ownership and accountability of tasks and works undertaken
- Meet customer and regulatory requirements
- Compliance with health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements
Skills and Experience:
- New Zealand Class 1 driver's licence
- NCEA Level 1 or Level 2
- Ability to be at heights.
- Ability to cope with the physical demands of the role.
- Commitment to a skilled career path
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for mechanics and electronics
- Previous electrical experience is not necessary, however, could an advantage
- The ability to work within a team environment
If you meet the above criteria we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
We welcome applications from returning Kiwis, those persons with the immediate right to work and those who can achieve a visa status.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call the team on 09 282 3156 quoting reference #13902.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.