|Listed||Tue 29 May, 5:04 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Wellington location
- Great company culture
- Join an experienced team
Our client is looking to appoint a Cable Locator/ GIS Technician to join their Wellington team.
Northpower is a large scale multi-utility service provider that has experienced continued and sustained growth, with operations across the North Island.
This company's strength is in its people, with a high standard of support, respect and work. They invest heavily in both their staff and community.
You will be joining a diverse and inclusive work force, with opportunity to develop your career.
We are looking to appoint a Cable Locator/ GIS Technician to join our existing team. This role will see you working in the field and in the office. Liaising directly with Contractors, Lines teams and Technicians, qualifying and updating information.
You will locate and mark underground cables using plans and electronic cable location devices. You will be working across multiple sites and projects in the Wellington district. Strong communication skills will help you source the information that you need. With a high level of ownership and responsibility in your work, you will be comfortable chasing up, pushing back or escalating issues as required.
With no two days the same, a flexible approach to your work will ensure that you are comfortable juggling planned work, reactive work and peak project flows.
Variety in your workflow, new people, different locations, building relationships and managing your own time. This would suit candidates with strong interpersonal skills, solid planning, time management and good organisation skills.
- Locate and mark underground cables
- Proactively patrol feeder routes
- Update job status with Administrator
- Perform stand-over duties as required
- At short notice, respond to and assist cable faults team providing system information and cable locations as required
- Liaise with civil contractors regarding location of cables
- Perform location in a timely manner to meet deadlines or dates agreed to by both locator and civil contractor
- Timely and accurate reporting of completed work
- Adhering to best practice
- Compliance with health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements
Skills and experience
- Ideally, two or more years general industry experience in interpreting cable record plans
- Basic plan reading
- Basic drafting skills
- Ability to record field notes (sketches of below ground finished works and dimension to above ground features
- Knowledge of the use of general cable locating equipment
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent communication skills
- Full clean driver's licence
- Sound reporting and computer skills
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
We welcome applications from returning kiwis, those persons with the immediate right to work and those who can achieve a visa status.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call the team on 09 282 3156 quoting reference #13782.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.