|Listed||Fri 1 Jun, 11:17 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Hamilton location
- Good work culture
- Energy Sector
We are looking for a Construction Manager with solid experience in Transmission Lines to join our team in Hamilton.
Northpower is a large scale multi-utility service provider that has experienced continued and sustained growth, with operations across New Zealand
This company's strength is in its people, with a high standard of support, respect and work. They invest heavily in both their staff and community.
You will be joining a diverse and inclusive workforce, with opportunity to develop your career.
This role is responsible for managing the delivery of contracting projects to meet customer requirements safely, on time, within budget and to Client and Northpower quality standards.
You will ensure the efficient operation and performance of the field services, external customers and partnership agreements. You will manage direct reports and your team on a day to day basis while liaising closely with all key parties, planning, managing resource and compliance, invoicing and close-out to set budgets.
Most importantly you'll have proven your ability to develop and manage relationships ensuring the success of your projects and a desire to progress your knowledge through training, development and motivation to learn. You will motivate and lead your team to deliver works safely, on-time and to required standards.
If you are someone with proven project or construction management experience with a strong background in the Transmission Lines industry, this is the role for you.
- Manage direct reports
- Lead and drive the site construction works
- Liaise and assist Project Managers with methodologies and pricing
- Ensure all required records are obtained and submitted
- Ensure job close-outs are fully completed
- Deliver project to meet timelines and budgets
- Monitor field productivity against targets
- Oversee and manage performance of field staff
- Develop and manage inter-personal relationships
- Managing project documentation across multiple stakeholders
- Compliance with health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements
Skills and experience
- Ideally, ten years Transmission Lines industry experience
- Proven Project or Construction Management experience
- A proven track record of relationship/stakeholder management ensuring the successful outcome of projects
- Strong technical background
- Proven supervision experience
- Proven safety culture
- Experience of working with financials/ budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in EXCEL and Microsoft Project
- Class 1 NZ driver's licence
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
We welcome applications from returning Kiwis, those persons with the immediate right to work and those who can achieve a visa status
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call the team on 09 282 3156 quoting reference #13925.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.