|Listed||Tue 5 Jun, 6:16 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Whangarei location
- Great work Culture
- Energy sector
Our client is looking for a Trainee Control Room Operator to join their Whangarei team.
Our client is a large scale multi-utility service provider that has experienced continued and sustained growth. This company's strength is in its people, with a high standard of support, respect and work. They invest heavily in both their staff and community. You will be joining a diverse and inclusive workforce, with opportunity to develop your career.
Northpower is looking for a safety conscious Trainee Control Room Operator to support their close-knit team in Whangarei. Ideal for candidates with background in electricity supply industry, the role offers excellent training opportunities in all aspects of electricity distribution disciplines.
Assigned as an 'Assistant Planner' to begin with, the role will help the Trainee understand electricity industry accepted practices and gather a good underpinning knowledge of the Northpower network 11kV distribution and the sub-transmission systems. Once assessed as suitable to carry out the duties of the Duty Operator, there may be opportunity to carry out the duties of Relief Operator as required.
We are seeking a candidate with previous experience in the electricity supply industry who displays a positive attitude and is willing to learn the craft of Control Operations disciplines. There will be excellent opportunities to learn and grow and hence the applicant must be prepared to study towards formal electricity industry qualifications (such as NZQA national certificate) and will be supported and mentored by the Operations Manager.
Positive attitude, flexibility to do shift work and sound analytical skills will be essential to succeed in this role.
- Adhere to best practices
- Study towards formal electricity industry qualifications as required
- Gather understanding of Northpower network distribution and sub-transmission systems
- Communicate and build relationships with other Contracting Stakeholders
- Undertake duties as assigned
Skills and experience, we are seeking people who have one of the following below:
- Transmission/ Distribution background required
- Previous experience in a control room (advantage)
- Previous experience in switching (advantage)
- Electricity qualifications (advantage)
- Full Class 1 NZ driver's licence required
- Ability to work unsupervised and must be safety conscious
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to prioritise work and make decisions under pressure
- Team player
- Compliance with health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
We welcome applications from returning kiwis, those persons with the immediate right to work and those who can achieve a visa status.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call the team on 09 282 3156 quoting reference # 13302.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://electricitycareers.northpower.com and enter the job code 13302TM.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.