|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Mon 11 Jun, 12:05 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Electrical distribution network industry
- Various testing and commissioning of network related equipment
- Must hold NZ electrical registration and practising licence
- To be the best in this exciting and rapidly growing industry
- Our people are the key to our success and are without question
- Our most important asset in realising our goal
As a leading contractor in the Electrical Distribution industry in New Zealand we are committed to delivering quality focused contracting services to a range of clients nationwide.
Connetics is committed to the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and the community. By putting a strong focus on health and safety, we aim to be an industry leader in safety performance on and to ensure all our staff go home safely every day.
We take pride in having a social, team based culture where our staff enjoy the opportunity of developing their skills, have variety in their work and are acknowledged for their contribution.
We are seeking Test/ Protection Technicians to carry out the testing, commissioning and routine maintenance of new and existing power distribution network equipment and undertake fault finding work and repair.
Required skills and experience:
- Registered electrician with current practising licence
- Ideally, at least one to three years experience in protection maintenance testing and commissioning
- Relevant networking operating certificates and competenci9es
- Computer and technology literate
- Competent in testing and commissioning, Earth, Fault Over Current and Solkor protection
- Current and valid driver's licence
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Career progression, training and development
- Modern well maintained fleet of vehicles and plant
- Latest tools and equipment
- Wellness initiatives - including flu vaccinations
- Work life balance
- Social club with access to company Hanmer holiday home
- Access to subsidised medical insurance
Pre-employment tests - medical and Ministry of Justice
Connetics require all successful applicants to complete a pre-employment medical test, which includes a drug and alcohol test and a pre-employment Ministry of Justice check.
Must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand permanent residency or a Valid New Zealand work permit.
Please include evidence of your EWRB certification and any relevant formal qualifications.
Further information: http://www.ewrb.govt.nz/training-and-qualifications/requirements-for-overseas-applicants/
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.