|Listed||Mon 16 Jul, 2:05 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Full-time and part-time options available
- Hamilton location
- Growth and career paths
Our client is looking for a GIS/CAD Technician to join our Network team in Hamilton.
Our client is a large scale multi-utility service provider that has experienced continued and sustained growth, with operations across the North Island of New Zealand.
This company's strength is in its people, with a high standard of support, respect and work. They invest heavily in both their staff and community.
You will be joining a diverse and inclusive workforce, with opportunity to develop your career.
We have an opportunity for a GIS/CAD Technician to join our Network team. In this role you will be responsible for providing draughting/GIS services and as-built data capture information and drawing services as required to meet customer requirements.
To be successful in this role you will have a sound understanding of CAD software and drafting packages. You will have a high level of computer skills and be all round technologically savvy. You will have experience working to deadlines and have demonstrated the ability to produce high quality work under pressure.
You will be a creative and innovative thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills who contributes positively to a cooperative team environment. You will possess attention to detail and able to analyse situations and come up with robust and innovative solutions.
We have full-time and part-time options available for this position.
- Carry out CAD draughting services for design and delivery of projects and tenders
- Undertake CAD network, CAD scheme and standard drawing updates for network owners
- Undertake GIS updating of network information
- Assist with obstruction plan printing
- Undertake as-built data capture for designated jobs using GPS and / or other methods of data capture as required
- Undertake any mapping work as required
- Accurate and timely completion of drawings, updates and as-builts to comply with Northpower and customer standards and policies
- Liaise with Project Managers to complete as-built jobs in a timely manner
- Appropriate communication with customers and stakeholders (internal and external)
- Open communication and responsive to the needs of the team
- Compliance with health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements
Skills and experience:
- Certificate in CAD Draughting and Design or similar (essential)
- Working knowledge with AutoCAD or similar (essential)
- CAD experience and working knowledge of proprietary CAD software (essential)
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word and Project
- Understanding drawing standards and experience in the electrical distribution market or related field an advantage
- Able to apply sound engineering principles and quality focus
- GIS experience (preferred)
- GIS data capture experience (desirable)
- Survey data capture experience (desirable)
- As-built capture / drawing experience (desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solver
- Full class 1 drivers licence
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
We welcome applications from returning Kiwis, those persons with the immediate right to work and those who can achieve a visa status.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call the team on 09 282 3156 quoting reference #14080.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.