|Location||Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Mon 23 Jul, 1:18 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Rotorua Location
- Work with the industries best climbers
- Growth and career paths
Our client is looking for an experienced Arborist with level 3+ qualifications under their belt to join our experienced team in Rotorua.
Our client is a large scale multi-utility service provider that has experienced continued and sustained growth.
This company's strength is in its people, with a high standard of support, respect and work. They invest heavily in both their staff and community.
You will be joining a diverse and inclusive workforce, with endless opportunities to develop your career.
Maintaining an electrical Transmission network, our client sustains their own in-house Arborist Vegetation team. Joining an established team, you will support the upkeep and maintenance of the network by keeping power lines and infrastructure clear of tree growth. We are wanting a confident Arborist with good rigging and chainsaw skills with strong health and safety practices.
This isn't your average Arborist role - every day is different and you will be working in a range of environments which will extend your knowledge and capabilities. Previous experience working around high voltage would be an advantage - but not a deal-breaker. We will support the right candidates and provide the necessary training to gain the appropriate NZQA recognised qualifications needed.
With all four seasons in one-day, our Rotorua weather may require you to be flexible and on stand-by for occurring adverse weather events.
With no traffic, pristine lakes and attractions galore - this is your chance to re-locate to NZ's adventure playground and beat the daily grind with an optimal work-life balance. You'll never be bored and we can certainly promise you better work stories. Don't let this opportunity pass you by!
- Supporting maintenance of Transmission network through tree/vegetation management
- Operates chainsaw, brush chipper and stamp grinder
- Selects and plants suitable trees for power line environment
- Negotiates with tree suppliers
- Climbing and arborist work
- Adhering to best practice
- Compliance with health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements
Skills and experience:
- Level 3 or above registered Arborist
- Full NZ class 1 driver's licence
- HT drivers licence an advantage
- Experience working at heights
- Certificate in electrical supply (vegetation control) is an advantage
- Previous experience working around high voltage is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
We welcome applications from returning Kiwis, those persons with the immediate right to work and those who can achieve a visa status.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call the team on 09 282 3156 quoting reference #14169.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://electricitycareers.northpower.com and enter the job code 14169TM.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.