|Listed||Wed 25 Jul, 6:20 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Wellington location
- Growth and career paths
- Join an experienced team
Our client is looking for an experienced HV Cable Jointer, working up to 33kv cables.
Northpower is a large scale multi-utility service provider that has experienced continued and sustained growth, with operations across the North Island, New Zealand.
This company's strength is in its people, with a high standard of support, respect and work. They invest heavily in both their staff and community.
You will be joining a diverse and inclusive workforce, with opportunity to develop your career.
Seeking a safety conscious Cable Jointer to join our very experienced team. Based out of our Wellington depot, you will install electricity network conductors and operate electrical equipment associated with lines up to 33kV. Excavate and reinstate underground cable installation sites and install cables, terminations and joints in polymeric and/or paper insulated power cables.
We are looking for a candidate with sound technical knowledge of cables and local network systems, procedures and standards. To fit with our team, you'll need to have excellent communication skills, be able to cope with the physical demands of the role, an excellent attendance and safety record and a clean NZ driver's licence.
If you are a team player with a 'can do, will do' attitude, please apply today.
- Jointing XLPE / PILC and STA cables up to and including 33kv
- Live jointing of LV cables
- Installation of LV Pillars, Distribution Transformers, Ring Main Units and Switchgear
- Compliance, commissioning and testing experience for all requirements of cable jointing up to 33kv
- Adhering to best practice
- Compliance with health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements
Skills and experience:
- Level 4 Cable Jointer
- Class 2 NZ driver's licence
- NZ Electrical Registration (EWRB) and current practicing licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
We welcome applications from returning Kiwis, those persons with the immediate right to work and those who can achieve a visa status.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call the team on 09 282 3156 quoting reference #12304.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://electricitycareers.northpower.com and enter the job code 12304TM.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.