|Location||Hastings, Hawke's Bay|
|Listed||Fri 10 Aug, 11:02 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Materials Handling Systems
- Industrial Controls & Robotics
- Varied and Challenging role
Our client design and manufacture automated bulk product handling systems. With both local and offshore clients, they provide industrial automation solutions for the whole project life cycle and ongoing customer support.
Their primary customers are in the dairy, meat, beverage, and horticultural sectors and examples of their customised solutions include: product handling, palletizing, packaging, robotics and automated guided vehicle integration.
You will be responsible for taking a project all the way through from an automation perspective. So right from the beginning overlooking initial designs, writing the software for PLC, HMI/SCADA, and Robotic integration, and anything else that's associated with a particular project including the implementation phase, commissioning the project, and providing on-going support.
We need a technical expert with Materials Handling experience in Food and Dairy with key skillsets in Control Systems (particularly Rockwell), Robotics (ABB and FANUC), Automation Project Engineering and Commissioning.
Industrial Automation Project Engineering including:
- Electrical/Automation Design and Specification for Material Handling solutions
- Automation Programming (PLC, HMI/SCADA, Robotics)
- Site Installation, Maintenance, Retrofitting, and Commissioning
- Production Troubleshooting and Analysis
- Creation of Automation/Electrical Documentation e.g. user manuals and training
- On-going Product Support
Areas of Expertise/Skills - Ideal Portrait
- Degree Qualified in Electrical & Controls Systems or Electrical Trade Qualified with relevant skillsets as follows
- PLC Programming (Rockwell) and communication protocols
- HMI/SCADA Design and Configuration (Rockwell and Schneider)
- Machine Safety (Rockwell, SICK, Siemens)
- Robotic Control Programming (ABB and FANUC)
- Vision Systems (Cognex, FANUC, SICK)
- Drives (SEW, Allen Bradley)
- Barcoding (SICK)
- Can troubleshoot electrical and control systems.
- Microsoft Office Savvy
- Can write Project Documentation
- An eye for detail and producing quality work
Nice to Have's
- Industrial Networks and Communications (e.g. DH485, TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, DH+, RS232, DeviceNet, ControlNet, ASI)
- AutoCAD Design experience
- Database analysis experience
This is a role that would suit someone that thrives off working in a technically challenging role and who already has solid Automation Project Engineering experience. As the role includes an average of 25% time travelling and on customer sites both locally and globally it will suit someone who is flexible and available to travel away from home, so a good opportunity to get paid to see the world as part of your job.
Note: You will need to already have the right to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
TRS has been New Zealand's trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact David Milmine on 0800 171 000 if calling from New Zealand, +64 4 472 6558 if calling internationally or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.