|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Thu 8 Mar, 4:02 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We are looking for a Senior Communications Design Engineer to join them in this Christchurch based position.
The job will involve designing full communications systems for remote operated sites, including power supplies, earthing and lightening protection, CCTV security and of course, communications systems. As you will be upgrading and potentially integration with older equipment, a working knowledge of older radio, UHF ans VHF type systems is a must.
Our new Communications Engineer will:
- Hold a tertiary qualification in an appropriate discipline. (Note, overseas qualifications must be from Washington or Dublin Accord listed institutions)
- Be able to show at least 10 years design experience
- Experience should include: Fibre optics, microwave radio, SCADA, Mobile radio, AC and DC power systems, Earthing and lightening protection, LAN & WAN network development.....
- Be versatile and adaptable
- Have a strong business acumen
- Be a relationship builder capable of maintaining good working relationships with clients
- Be able to show experience in project evaluation, scoping, etc., solution design and feasibility studies, etc.
In general we need a Communications Engineer who has done it all and can work with both new and older technology to provide solutions to customers requirements.
Some site visits and overseeing commissioning may be required, so the ability to travel occasionally and a full, clean drivers license are also required.
On offer is the chance to join a busy, growing team, dedicated to providing the best solutions possible. Of course a competitive salary will be negotiated with our new Telecommunication Engineer as well.
So, if you can tick the boxes and you are looking for new challenges, this role will be worth a look.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, or alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact Daniel Hopkins on 0800 171 000 if calling from New Zealand, +64 4 472 6558 if calling internationally or email email@example.com
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact us in confidence to discuss your individual requirements
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.