|Listed||Thu 10 Oct, 1:19 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Use your Administration superpowers to support a tight knit team
- Safe and varied working environment
- Whangarei location
Our client is searching for a superstar Administrator with solid experience in a similar role. If you hold an Arboriculture qualification and have organisational skills second to none, we want to hear from you!
Our client's strength is in the culture the people have created - one of support, respect and hard work. Northpower invest heavily in their staff and their community.
If successful in this position, you will be joining a diverse and inclusive workplace with endless opportunities to develop your career.
The primary purpose of this role is to support the Tree Officers and Field Staff within the Vegetation department. You will liaise with the general public and as well as internal stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of the department.
You will be responsible for initial customer contact from reactive tree notifications as assigned, identify potential vegetation issues as well as assessing the urgency and risk to the network lines. Contacting landowners for land access; assisting the Tree Officer with scheduling, planning and follow ups; quotation provisioning and gaining network authorisation for major vegetation work. You will have a good understanding of access permit applications; tree agreements and the fundamentals of vegetation management.
- Initial customer contact from reactive tree notifications as assigned, to identify the potential vegetation issues including the urgency and risk to the network lines
- Initial landowner contact for land access to feeder patrols
- Initial liaison with forestry owners, provide advice on the planning requirements for tree cutting near power lines
- Assist the Tree Officer with the scheduling of their assigned duties
- Assist with producing cut or trim notices, tree agreements and cutting plans as necessary
- Ensure timely follow up of the cut or trim notifications when a tree agreement is unable to be negotiated with a customer
- Assist with the provision of quotations to customers and network for the removal of vegetation
- Ensure timely follow up of the tree agreement customer consent
- Ensure network authorisation of major vegetation work where applicable
- Ensure all information has been collected for a tree agreement to enable the field and administrative functions to be carried out
- Maintain training records
Skills and experience:
- Ideally a minimum of five years of administration experience
- Arboriculture qualifications advantageous
- Able to build relationships with field staff and customers
- Attention to detail and solid data entry skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Safety focused team player who is physical fit and active
- Proactive and motivated with a great attitude
- A full driver's licence - Class 1
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format.
We welcome applications from returning Kiwis, those persons with the immediate right to work and those who can achieve a visa status.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Tracy Bryce on 099309361 quoting reference #18702.
If it wears a Hard Hat, we have it covered
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://electricitycareers.northpower.com and enter the job code 18702TM.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.