|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Fri 3 Aug, 9:34 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We are seeking a LAME (B2) to join our New Zealand based Engineering team in Auckland. The main function of this role is to carry out maintenance on Jetstar aircraft in a timely and safe manner, in accordance with company requirements. We want to hear from you if you are logical, can see the big picture, and do not mind working in a fast-paced and sometimes unpredictable environment. You will need to be organised with meticulous attention to detail.
We work in a dynamic environment and you will have the opportunity to be a key contributor to this team.
Reporting to the Line Maintenance Manager, some key responsibilities of this role include:
- Carry out Approved maintenance on company aircraft
- Ensure timely and accurate certification of all work carried out
- Quality Control for aircraft presentation - upon completion of maintenance and prior to release
- Provide positive and supportive supervision of staff under your direct control
- Comply with Jetstar’s Safety Management System
- Required to work at other ports (including international locations) as required to support the business
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer with a sound knowledge of the Civil Aviation Regulations
- Hold an Australian CASA Part 66 B2 License with a Type Rating on B737(800) and preferably at least one of the following aircraft types - A320, A330
- Have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills supported with the ability to assess and interpret options and develop solutions for the line environment
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within a team
- Possess a strong working knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in being actively involved in SMS activities (such as fatigue management, work place inspections, reporting, etc…)
- Have the ability to work a rotating shift pattern including night shift
- Offer proven and demonstrated ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously
- Have a thorough working knowledge and experience with TRAX (or similar), Aircraft technical manuals and Microsoft Office suite
- Be able to hold a valid NZ Avsec and AUS ASIC
- Have documented recent experience in a line maintenance environment
- Be able to hold a NZ Airside vehicle licence (hold a current NZ/AUS Drivers licence, manual endorsed is preferred)
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 8000 and have flown more than 250 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 5000 flights a week to more than 85 destinations in 18 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 130 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.
Please apply through our Careers website:https://www.jetstar.com/au/en/careers/engineering-jobs/licensed-aircraft-maintenance-engineer-lame-b2/1936983
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.