|Listed||Thu 5 Oct, 2:55 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Take on a role with fantastic work/life balance
- Lead a team that supports maintenance and reliability systems of a large, high value Fonterra site
- Be the technical expert – make the most of your maintenance experience and knowledge
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to the smooth running of our Edendale site by providing support to our RE Manager and leading our Reliability Team to ensure the best solutions are put in place to meet business requirements.
It’s all about people leadership here, as you’ll be coaching and supporting a small but passionate and highly skilled Reliability Team. Using your technical expertise you’ll continuously develop their capability to support the Defect Elimination program on site and tackle technical problems, equipment reliability issues, leading to long term increases in production efficiency, output, uptime and quality across your primary areas of focus.
As Team Lead you’ll also be responsible for managing staff leave and will be working closely with both the RE Manager and line maintenance team, building strong working relationships as you go. There’s plenty of variety here – you’ll be keeping across asset management and support equipment strategies as well as providing accurate and reliable data analysis whilst identifying and supporting both reactive and proactive reliability work.
This is a complex role so you’ll need to have great communication and people skills along with a trade or technical background to succeed. Your proven leadership and change management experience coupled with a tertiary Reliability Engineering qualification will ensure you are ready to make your mark. Proven experience in a food or other continuous manufacturing industry would also stand you in good stead. Other key skills and experience include:
- Previous proven leadership skills from plant maintenance (trades or technical) focussed roles
- Fluent working knowledge of a Computer Maintenance Management Systems, ideally SAP
- Strong understanding of condition monitoring techniques and practices relating to industrial facilities (vibration analysis, oil analysis, thermography)
- Proven strength in influencing, facilitating and managing people and process change
- CMRT or CMRP Certification is highly desirable
- An understanding of Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) principles and practices
- Experience in structured problem solving and the ability to facilitate others to sustainable solutions eg: Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
Based in Southland, Edendale is one of Fonterra’s three largest processing facilities and at its peak receives 15.4 million litres of milk per day processing this into a number of dairy products including whole milk powder, cheese, whey, protein and casein.
If you are looking to join a great team and like a challenging yet collaborative technical environment, we want to hear from you – apply today!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.