|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Tue 5 Jun, 4:02 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
This is a classic role for a strong leader who has a sound understanding of the engineering requirements related to a large processing facility. Working closely with the engineering and operations teams, your key tasks will be to ensure all site services and utilities (steam, water etc) are constantly available for this large modern 24/7 operation. This Includes all the routine and scheduled maintenance on specialised heavy processing machinery or plant.
You will be a technical expert in what it takes to maintain a large dairy dryer but more so have a strong leadership skills set, as you'll be leading a sizable team of engineers, along with dealing with external contractors and suppliers etc on a daily basis.
As part of the management team, your input to the company's strategic and future developments will be highly sort after.
Key attributes required:
- Tertiary qualification in an appropriate and relevant engineering field
- A strong commercial acumen (budgets and financial plans etc)
- Minimum of 10 year's experience in large continuous industrial manufacturing and plant processes (Dairy dryers preferred)
- Deep understanding of the principles of asset care
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Proven track record of effecting change within a large organisation
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexibility, although a 5 day a week and 9-5 role, have the ability to meet the needs of a 24/7 operation when required
- Strong Health and Safety understanding and implementation skills, able to lead and participate in all such activities
A senior negotiable package is on offer as expected, however as a career role it doesn't get better really. The organisation is evolving and new career paths are constantly available for the achievers.
TRS has been New Zealand's trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact John Kiriakidis on 0800 171 000 if calling from New Zealand, +64 4 472 6558 if calling internationally or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.