|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Wed 25 Jul, 4:03 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Special Purpose Machinery, Tooling, Plastics
- A mix of R&D and Hands-On work
- Long term career move
R&D and Hands On role - Machinery, Plastics, and Tooling
Based in East Auckland, our client is a high-quality fabrication, machining and engineering service to the plastics manufacturing sector. Their experienced team have extensive knowledge and experience in a diverse range of quality engineered solutions covering all aspects of plastic manufacturing, from tool & die design through to manufacturing and assembly machinery.
With a growing demand for their services and growing project list, they are seeking an engineer who is willing to learn some of their specialized techniques from some of the senior members of the R&D team. To say that this is a golden opportunity for an up and coming engineer is understating the fact! This role is the succession plan for two engineers who have been an integral part of this business for many years and who hold a tremendous amount of combined business knowledge to pass on to you over the first few years in the role.
We are after a quick learner, preferably from a Fitter Turner or Tool Maker background, who doesn't mind getting their hands dirty and wants to progress their career.
On a daily basis you will be: tool making, maintenance and mechanical engineering, trouble shooting, working on further developing our company product range with technical design and production input, working on family assets such as car/boat maintenance and travelling to overseas subsidiaries to ensure this department is fit for purpose.
- Level 5 NZCE / Diploma as a minimum, and likely to have at least 10 years' work experience
- A stable individual, with a focus on a career, not a job
- Ideally have some experience with plastics, tool making, CNC understanding and metal materials, and some experience with welding and fabrication
- Understanding of technical drawings (preferably CAD skills, Solidworks or Inventor)
- A competent Fitter Turner, Toolmaker, or Maintenance Diagnostics person
- Ideally can work with lathes, milling machines, CNC machines, bench drills, welding, spark eroders etc
- Special Purpose Machinery Design, Installations, and Maintenance experience
- Ability to work with and learn from experienced engineers
- An inventive mind - R&D environment
- Hands-on Person
- Knowledge of forces, materials (both plastics and metals), heat treatments, pressures, end thrusts etc
- Good level of maths
- Quick learner with a can-do attitude
- Excellent English communication skills are essential
- Computer literate
- A Team Player
- A love for all things Mechanical and a willingness to help out working on car & boat restoration projects
The company do have a manufacturing facility offshore that they visit for maintenance trips, so you will need to travel and flexible with the length of time away e.g. estimate of two 10-day trips per year, but this may stretch out depending on what is happening in this plant.
The salary will include a performance and Christmas bonus, and a company phone. This is a permanent position within a progressive company that retains its family owned culture, with the opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business. So an excellent career role for an engineer looking for a new and challenging direction. The company want to employee a can-do person, with a great attitude, who can work under and alongside very capable and senior engineers.
TRS has been New Zealand's trusted recruitment specialist for industry since 1996.
To apply for this position please click on the relevant button below, alternatively for a confidential and discreet inquiry contact David Milmine on 0800 171 000 if calling from New Zealand, +64 4 472 6558 if calling internationally or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If this vacancy is not exactly what you are seeking, then please contact me in confidence to discuss your individual requirements.
All our jobs are listed at www.trs.co.nz
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.