|Location||Lower Hutt, Wellington|
|Pay & Benefits||up to $150k based on experience|
|Listed||Wed 8 Aug, 12:02 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Newly created position
- Opportunity for progression
- Complex pharmaceutical projects
We're looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer for a varied and challenging role. You will be working on the refresh of an old plant where the site is being refreshed and replaced with a modern equivalent. This will be challenging as the site must stay operational and the new plant must fit into the current site footprint.
You will be responsible for coordinating the execution of Plant Layout and Piping engineering activities (Assess, Select, Develop & Execute phases). Designing pressure piping to ASME B31 and be familiar with ASME BPE as it applies to the pharmaceutical industry - (not essential but would be an advantage)
Its essential that there is consistent use of mechanical engineering and design standards/codes, systems and processes and use of PECPR regulations; so we would expect you to be competent in the analysis of pressure systems and use of PV Elite, AutoPIPE pipe stressing software;
- Mechanical design experience of pressure vessels and other components for the pharmaceutical industry or other.
- Experience in designing to ASME VIII, PD5500, AS, and other pressure related codes.
- Experience in Mechanical design packages AutoCAD, 2D & 3D or other.
- Provide design assistance in the identification, selection and procurement of equipment or components.
You will also be assisting in the preparation of quotations/proposals; technical solutions; risk identification & mitigation; costs basis; and implementation approach to ensure 'fit for purpose' solutions which meets the requirements of the customer specification. You would also assist with the review of piping and facility design before implementation to ensure quality, consistency, and coordination with all aspects of the installation.
We are looking for the following experience and competencies:
- Broad knowledge and experience in the latest technology and work methods.
- Relevant tertiary level qualification.
- +10 years previous experience in Pharmaceutical, Food or Dairy
- Significant knowledge of mechanical design and construction of pressure piping and facilities and knowledge in pressure vessels and associated equipment.
- Time management and organisational skills
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Customer focussed to ensure client requirements are delivered.
- Working toward CPEng status or already qualified.
What we can offer;
A highly competitive salary and opportunities for career progression. You would be situated in new modern premises at Tunnel Grove, Gracefield. Great for those that don't want to have to commute to Wellington city. All the benefits of living in what has been rated the worlds most liveable city - Wellington!
To apply now click the button below and submit your resume in MS Word format, alternatively call or text Daniel on 021 2762657 for a confidential chat
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.