|Company||Waimea Truck & Crane|
|Location||Tasman, Nelson / Tasman|
|Listed||Thu 9 Aug, 10:30 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Our production team has a Workshop Assistant/Engineer (Basic) role available for an enthusiastic person to join our team. The key purpose of this role will be to undertake installation of decks, elevated work platforms and cranes, test, comply and commission.
Typical tasks would be:
• Undertaking general build-up and servicing of equipment.
• This includes basic engineering, assembling, hydraulics, electrics fitting, painting and preparing machine for operation.
• Complete reports, check sheets and documents as required.
• Fleet servicing & maintenance
• Crane, EWP Forklift operation as required
Our ideal candidate is a person who has the following attributes;
• Previous experience with Transport engineering, hydraulics, diesel mechanical fields.
• Computer literate (Basic level) and good writing skills
• A positive and proactive approach to Health and Safety in the Workplace
• Relevant work experience, NZ Qualification advantageous
• Proven self-starter who can work independently/unsupervised
• Ability to solve technical problems.
• Be well spoken and presentable with good verbal and written communication skills.
• Be willing to work flexible hours.
• Would be beneficial to have a F endorsement, and class 2 truck license
• Problem solver and ability to solve technical problems.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
Remuneration subject to skill set
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or be allegeable for valid NZ work permit.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.