|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Fri 10 Aug, 1:03 pm|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
Working as a Mechanical Engineer at a level 3-4 you will be kept busy in our yards with the servicing and maintenance duties of our Wagons. The primary focus of this role would be to carry out the various maintenance checks as set out in the Rail operating code with the view to improve reliability and availability of the fleet. There would be also rail vehicle movements in this role. This is a hands-on role, working along with other mechanical engineers, locomotive maintainers, and servicing assistants in a team environment, and will involve night shift work
- Tradesman (Trade Certificate or equivalent if from overseas): Electrical and Mechanical fitters, qualified diesel or auto mechanics
- Prior experience in a manufacturing enviroment, preferably with heavy industry or automobile industry experience and machine upgrades, or experience in locomotives, ship or similar
- Abillity to analyseand interpret hydraulic & pneumatic control circuit diagrams, fault finding, develop alternate methods
- Abillity to analyse electrical schematics, fault finding, develop alternate methods.
- A good knowledge of relevant Engineering specifications, standards, sound engineering practices.
- Happy to work 24/7 rotating roster on night shifts
- Have a full, clean NZ driver's licence
You will have great communication skills, be highly motivated and able to follow rules, regulations and procedures. We have a great team here, so you'll need to be a team player who can get along well with others. Zero Harm is critical in our organisation, so you will need to have a strong safety focus and genuinely care about the wellbeing of your team and yourself at all times.
- Extra weeks leave entitlement
- Paid days in Lieu
- Penal rates for late shifts and weekends
- Heavily discounted travel and holiday houses across NZ
Working at KiwiRail you'll be joining a kiwi-owned company who has been operating for over 150 years. If you are ready to reap the rewards of working hard, and have an attitude where you are driven to succeed, then KiwiRail is the place for you. Apply online today.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.