|Location||Kawerau, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Mon 18 Jun, 11:07 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Support the Engineering team with electrical technical investigations
- Develop electrical, automation & control systems software & hardware
- Be our automation and control system technical expert!
Be accountable for PLC maintenance & programming & provide sound technical support across our mill.
If you're a highly self-motivated and quality focused individual with an electrical background and proven experience in automation of plant and machinery, PLC maintenance and programming, we have an opportunity for you to make a difference in our mill.
Key areas you'll be focusing on include:
- Developing, implementing and overseeing the performance of all electrical, automation and control systems software and hardware within the plant
- Implementing support systems that minimise potential impacts on business operations through equipment failure or sub-optimal operation
- Assisting maintenance and operations staff with process trouble shooting and systems training
- Developing and recommending improvements to site control and information systems to increase operational performance
With relevant qualifications in Computer Sciences, Computing, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or similar and ideally experience as an Electrician; you'll have proven heavy industrial experience with control systems development and familiar with a wide range of business and process control software and hardware. With sound technical and analytical skills, you'll be able to demonstrate your control systems design capability. Wood products processing industry knowledge combined with project management experience would be an advantage.
Committed to demonstrating health, safety and environmental leadership, you'll be a determined reliable team player, skilled at communicating complex ideas and issues in simple, clear language. You'll be flexible in your approach, responsive to new ideas and be someone who can offer a high degree of initiate and self-direction.
In return, you'll work with a highly talented team and be exposed to a complex and exciting heavy industrial manufacturing site with the opportunity to open further career doors. We offer a competitive base salary plus various benefits including superannuation and medical scheme. Please go to www.chhwoodproducts.co.nz to find out more about working for us.
If you think you've got what it takes to perform this crucial role in our business, then we are keen to talk with you! Please apply online to express your interest in joining our Kawerau team.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.