|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Mon 25 Jun, 1:01 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
This position will involve regular interfacing with the engineers and technicians in our Auckland facilities to document the processes performed. This documentation needs to be written clearly and in a manner that can easily be interpreted by current and future staff.
Technical Writer key duties:
- Shadow engineers and technicians performing the work/process and create process instructions/documentation from observations, notes and photographs
- Creating process instructions covering all areas including work, process, test, training and user manuals for production and testing
- Producing all documentation independently
- Holding discussions for drafts of documents effectively with relevant parties and determine the actions needed to release the documents for use
- 5+ years of experience in technical documentation with a successful proven track record- Document management system experience
- The ability to well with colleagues and stakeholders to obtain the information required to create technical documents
- Proactive approach to work and the ability to create documentation independently
- Strong hands on experience in production
- Mechanically minded
About Rocket Lab USA
Rocket Lab's mission is to revolutionize the way we access space. We develop and launch advanced rockets to put small payloads into orbit more frequently, at a fraction of the cost of cumbersome traditional launch services. We are ushering in a new era of unprecedented access to space.
Small satellites have a crucial role to play in improving understanding of our planet and humanity's impact on it. Rocket Lab's lightweight carbon composite Electron launch vehicle is designed to give these satellites dedicated launches and flexible orbit options. From real-time earth imaging and improved natural disaster prediction, to crop management and global internet, improved access to space enables us to take informed, deliberate steps in the management of our planet.
On May 25 2017, Electron made history as the first orbital-class launch vehicle to reach space from a private launch facility. It marked a significant milestone in eliminating commercial barriers and opening space for business. Founded in 2006 by Peter Beck, Rocket Lab is headquartered in Los Angeles with operations and a launch site in New Zealand. It is a privately funded company with investors including Khosla Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Lockheed Martin, Promus Ventures and Data Collective.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.