|Company||Vision Consulting Engineers Ltd|
|Location||Far North, Northland|
|Pay & Benefits||Upon application|
|Listed||Mon 9 Jul, 11:17 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Vision Consulting is a rapidly growing multi-disciplinary consultancy firm of engineers, environmental scientists, surveyors, GIS analysts, and planners. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality solutions for engineering and planning challenges based on technical excellence and innovative thinking. With our highly experienced and diverse team of professionals, we provide a single source of solutions for complex engineering and planning challenges.
Based in Kerikeri, in the Bay of Islands, Vision Consulting works with clients across the Northland Region - offering local planning and engineering expertise to work on local challenges.
About the role
This role is based in our Kerikeri office for a graduate to intermediate planner working under the guidance of senior team members. At Vision Consulting we provide consultancy services across a wide variety of planning disciplines, including Local Government Act 2002 planning, resource management planning, business case development, strategy development and technical writing services. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to work with a variety of business sectors across the northland region, including local government, primary industries and central government agencies.
At Vision we are continually evolving, learning, and developing. In this role you will draw upon your existing planning experience whilst being mentored by a senior planning staff member through our ongoing performance and professional development program, optimising your development with your aspirations and objectives as a professional.
What the role encompasses
Planning and Research Tasks
At Vision Consulting we provide a wide range of planning services, these draw from our complimentary teams in the areas of spatial analysis, demography, engineering and environmental science. With support from our senior planners, your role will involve providing assistance on specialist planning projects and investigations. This may include:
• research, analysis and reporting to social, economic, environmental and cultural matters;
• supporting the development of business cases and cost benefit analysis to support investment decisions;
• supporting local government with planning, policy and strategy development;
• providing technical writing services;
• other planning and research tasks for private clients.
Resource Consent Planning
As part of your role, you will also provide resource management planning services to our clients. This is to include regional and district plan consent planning, policy development and urban design involving:
• developing innovative urban and rural design solutions for clients;
• policy experience, including preparing high quality resource consent applications;
• providing support for senior members during consultation with affected or interested parties on behalf of our clients;
• providing support for senior members during mediation meetings and hearings;
• processing of resource consent applications on behalf of both district and regional councils;
Your responsibilities will start with project management over your immediate tasks and smaller projects. As you develop within your role and progressively learn the art of project management, you will become responsible for larger projects that utilise the knowledge of our multi-disciplinary teams to enable you to contribute to our successful delivery of high-standard on-time projects.
What we are looking for
Essential qualifications and experience:
• A degree or post graduate degree in resource management or science.
• Graduate or Intermediate with 3+ years experience.
• A member of, or the ability to become a member, of the New Zealand Planning Institute
Desirable prior experience:
• Processing or preparing resource consent applications in accordance with the provisions of the RMA for a variety of small and large projects
• Working with multi-disciplinary teams delivering successful projects
• Enthusiastic and professional attitude
• Creative and innovative approach to solving clients problems
• Advanced technical writing skills.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently when required.
• Ability to maintain and develop positive working relationships with staff and our clients.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.