|Location||Wanganui, Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Pay & Benefits||Fantastic benefits and great career development|
|Listed||Fri 1 Feb, 1:20 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
|Reference||AME & LAME 01.19|
To enable smarter farming for a better New Zealand™
Ka pukekotia a Rongomatane, ka poho kereru a Aotearoa
About the role
We're on the lookout for high-calibre Aircraft Maintenance Engineers - both licensed (LAME) and un-licensed (AME) - to join our multi-disciplined Engineering team in Whanganui. This is a critical role in which you will be responsible for carrying out maintenance tasks to ensure all our aircraft in the workshop are delivered to our pilots meeting all CAA and standard operational requirements in a timely and efficient manner. An opportunity to work on New Zealand's largest fleet of turbo-prop powered agricultural aircraft, Ravensdown Aerowork operates 11x PT6 engined Cresco aircraft.
Ravensdown Aerowork is Part 145 and 148 certified with a capacity to rebuild and repair almost every component used on the Cresco aircraft type and has New Zealand's largest stockholding of type spares. As leaders in aerial application innovation, you will be part of the team which is at the cutting edge of developing smarter technology to New Zealand farmers.
You'll have a passion for what you do, your attention to detail will be second to none, and you will be able to cope with pressure at times, while still exercising your excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
Ideal skills and experience:
- NZQA Certificate of Aeronautical Engineering level 2, 3, 4, or equivalent allied engineering trade certification, OR NZ CAA certified Aircraft Maintenance Engineer license
- Previous practical experience in aircraft maintenance
- A sound knowledge of typical aircraft maintenance practices
- Sound written and verbal comprehension skills, with the ability to interpret technical instructions
- Experience with using computerised maintenance management systems
- Experience with electro-hydraulics would be desirable
Additional ideal requirements for LAME:
- Hold NZ CAA ratings relevant to the current Aerowork fleet, i.e. Group 1 airframe, PT6A rating as you will have the responsibility of documenting and certifying any maintenance completed on aircraft you are rated on
- Technical expertise to monitor and assess the work completed by others
- Excellent benefits package (competitive remuneration, 5% superannuation, medical insurance, cash allowances)
- Generous investment in your ongoing training and development
- Occasional travel throughout beautiful rural NZ
- Great company culture
- Career opportunities in a fantastic cooperative
How to apply
Please click 'apply now' to send your CV and cover letter to Lauren Chatterton, Senior HR Advisor or email us at email@example.com
Applications close on Sunday, 24 February 2019.
Ravensdown is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.