|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Fri 2 Mar, 12:03 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Competitive salary
- True leader with any talent
We are looking for a true leader for the full-service fire protection systems cover Fire Detection, Prevention and Extinguishment.
Client base ranges from international airports, commercial buildings, city councils, retail stores, transport stations to apartments, providing us the utmost flexibility and expertise to vast industries.
As a General Manager, you will:
Reporting to the Directors, you will provide exceptional leadership and direct the execution of commercial activities in the achievement of key strategic growth objectives focusing on expansion of core business relationships. The principal responsibilities of the role are:
- Business Strategy- Works with the Exec Team to develop the strategic direction from the Board into Strategic and Business Plans. Looks outward to the wider industry and considers opportunities for growth, improvement and innovations.
- Business Operations- Ensure full integration of all teams within the Business Unit to ensure delivery of an outstanding product to all customers. Look for ways to improve the services offered.
- Financial Performance- Complete financial analysis, budget setting and review and cash flow forecasting with the Finance team. Consider where margin can be maximised or prices/plans changed to ensure ongoing financial performance of standard designs.
- People Management- Coaching and mentoring the immediate management team to facilitate continuous Improvement, professional development and succession planning. Drive a professional culture where there is a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction, repeat business and technical performance.
- Group Liaison- Provide accurate and up to date reports to the Executive Team and the Board as required.
What what are looking? Someone who have:
- 10 years+ leadership experience in strategy and operational support systems in a commercial environment.
- Tertiary or higher degree (or equivalent experience) in Business management.
- Relevant technical skills and experience in the fire protection industry.
- Understanding of how major National suppliers operate and the current practices.
- Experience in leading and managing change to drive high performance and continued growth.
- The ability to accurately forecast monthly/quarterly/annual business results using appropriate financial tools and processes.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.