|Listed||Thu 26 Oct, 3:11 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- One year fixed term
- Medical policy background advantageous
- Australasian membership organisation
Join a small central Wellington based team in newly refurbished offices. This is an intermediate level role with an opportunity to focus on both policy and media. You will have exceptional writing skills and though your main strength will be in the policy space, you will have dabbled in media on occasion. As well as being supported by a Wellington based manager who is strong on Policy and has been handling the Media requirements, you will also be backed by a Melbourne based policy team.
Preference will be given to a candidate who can demonstrate strengths in the following area:
- Knowledge and understanding of policy development and analysis with specific expertise in the health and social arenas
- Experience in communications and media
- Ability to engage with the media and develop relationships with key journalists
- A good knowledge and understanding of the New Zealand health care system
- Knowledge of Maori health issues and a commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Sound quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Resilience within a fast paced workplace
If you are proactive, happy to work both as part of a team and autonomously, calm under pressure and customer focused, we would like to hear from you.
Applications will be assessed as they are received.
If you are interested in this opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
For further information contact Sandy Eaton on (04) 494 1185 quoting job number 87602.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position. For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visa visit www.immigration.govt.nz
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.