|Company||Environmental Protection Authority|
|Listed||Mon 25 Jun, 1:53 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
|Reference||Senior Advisor EEZ|
Whilst we are currently recruiting for a Senior Advisor we are always keen to hear from talented people working in the compliance space so are happy to receive CV’s from those at advisor level as well, if you are interested in a role at this level please note this in your cover letter.
What we’re looking for
We are seeking a self-motivated person who is keen to make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders. Project management, and strong communication skills will be valued, as will your commitment to a great team environment. Experience in a relevant industry, such as marine, oil and gas, mining, and/or experience working in a regulatory compliance environment is required. A good understanding of compliance principles and processes and a working knowledge of environmental legislation, preferably in the offshore marine environment is an advantage.
Our ideal candidate
The successful applicant for the role will be focused on undertaking compliance functions in our Climate, Land and Oceans Group. We are looking for someone who has:
• A tertiary qualification in the physical or environmental sciences engineering or equivalent
• Senior level work experience involving offshore minerals or petroleum exploration or extraction industry
• Experience in regulatory compliance, ideally within central or local government and/or experience in managing environmental risk
• Experience in dealing with complex technical and scientific data and an ability to express that in plain English
• Has experience in using information to identify areas of risk, in marine, environmental or natural resources
• Has proven negotiation and conflict management skills
• The successful candidate must also be able to pass and maintain a current Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) Certificate and a Certificate of Medical Fitness
As well as working with the regulated community, you will also work closely with compliance agencies. To be considered for this role in addition to the above, you must have experience and/or qualifications in at least one of the following:
• Auditing, ideally with formal certification, such as with IRCA
• Inspections and investigations
What we can offer you
This role provides variety, with interesting and challenging opportunitiesin in a positive work environment. We’re also big on professional development and offer lots of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your talent.
We have fantastic central city offices on Lambton Quay and if you enjoy getting social there’s plenty of ways to get to know your new colleagues.
This is a permanent full time position based in our Wellington CBD offices. However, due to the nature of the role, it will be important for the successful person to have the ability to travel at short notice and operate for several days at a time in other locations throughout New Zealand.
Applying for the position
You must be eligible to work and live in New Zealand. The successful candidate will be required to undertake and pass criminal record checks.
For additional information please contact our HR Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm, Monday 9 July 2018
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.