Good luck with your application!

Create a Job Profile and let great jobs, like this one, find you.

Create a Job Profile

Trade Me Job Profiles is currently in beta. You can still set up your Job Profile, and we'll deliver the following benefits in early to mid 2018.

Now's a great time to create a Trade Me Job Profile.

Looks like your job hunt is ramping up. You've added at least two jobs to your watchlist in the last 24 hours!

Nice work!

Your profile is now public, which means recruiters and employers can now contact you.

You can change your privacy settings from your profile.

Jobs Listing Branding
Company The Office of the Clerk
Location Wellington, Wellington
Listed Tue 10 Jul, 12:25 pm
Type Full time, Permanent
Reference 5091
  • Fascinating environment
  • Non-political role working directly with MPs

The Office of the Clerk provides secretariat and administrative services to the House of Representatives, including advice on legal issues and specialist parliamentary procedure.

As Parliamentary Officer (Clerk of Committee / Senior Committee Advisor) you’ll play a lead role in overseeing services to designated select committee(s). As well as attending all meetings and coordinating the committee’s programme of work, you’ll work closely with your committee Chair and Members of Parliament, providing advice on matters to do with committee procedure, scrutiny of legislation and scrutiny of State Sector agencies.

To be successful in this role you will:
  • Be tactful, diplomatic and confident working with senior public figures
  • Understand and appreciate the need for rules and processes
  • Have sound judgement and decision-making skills when dealing with ambiguity
  • Ideally have State Sector or local government experience as an advisor and/or working with boards or committees

Join a supportive, high-performing team that plays a vital role in maintaining democracy for our country.

APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 23 July 2018

FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Helen Cox or Simon Boyes on 04 550 8000

Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.