|Company||The Office of the Clerk|
|Listed||Tue 10 Jul, 12:25 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Fascinating environment
- Non-political role working directly with MPs
The Office of the Clerk provides secretariat and administrative services to the House of Representatives, including advice on legal issues and specialist parliamentary procedure.
As Parliamentary Officer (Clerk of Committee / Senior Committee Advisor) you’ll play a lead role in overseeing services to designated select committee(s). As well as attending all meetings and coordinating the committee’s programme of work, you’ll work closely with your committee Chair and Members of Parliament, providing advice on matters to do with committee procedure, scrutiny of legislation and scrutiny of State Sector agencies.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be tactful, diplomatic and confident working with senior public figures
- Understand and appreciate the need for rules and processes
- Have sound judgement and decision-making skills when dealing with ambiguity
- Ideally have State Sector or local government experience as an advisor and/or working with boards or committees
Join a supportive, high-performing team that plays a vital role in maintaining democracy for our country.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Monday 23 July 2018
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTION: www.jacksonstone.co.nz
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: Helen Cox or Simon Boyes on 04 550 8000
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.