|Company||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Wed 11 Jul, 3:12 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Build your regulatory career in our Gambling group
- Be part of a team taking a responsive, risk-based approach across the gambling sector
- Bring an ability to engage and influence others and think creatively to help achieve outcomes
- Be part of a growing, dynamic, modern regulator
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
As one of Government's larger regulators, Regulatory Services aims to minimise harm and maximise benefits through effective oversight of three key regulatory systems: anti-money laundering and countering financing terrorism, gambling, and digital safety. We are a responsive risk-based regulator that uses innovation and collaboration to maximise our impact to achieve desired outcomes for New Zealand communities.
We are looking for a Regulator to join our Gambling group. You will be responsible for delivering responsive, risk-based approaches that ensure regulated communities understand their obligations and that our responsibilities are delivered to standard. As a Regulator you will make well-informed decisions, and deliver targeted regulatory activity through education, enforcement outcomes, licensing decisions and monitoring of our regulated sector.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in risk-based compliance monitoring/audit, criminal/fraud investigation, accounting, risk management, or law.
- Demonstrated experience in and understanding of modern regulatory practice and decision making.
- Ability to interpret legislation and other technical information and apply it in an operational context.
- Ability to engage with and influence a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Drive, enthusiasm, self-motivation and an ability to respond to change with agility and flexibility.
- The ability to think creatively and make a positive contribution to solution development and implementation.
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting new position and want a job where the work you do matters to communities across New Zealand we would like to hear from you.
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 23 July 2018
For more information please contact: Michaela Glaspey on 362 7944 or firstname.lastname@example.org