|Listed||Wed 6 Jun, 3:45 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Competitive remuneration
- Vaired and rewarding biodiversity work
- Affordable housing, simple commutes
Southland is home to some of New Zealand's most pristine and dynamic environments containing unique and varied biodiversity. As well as the kelp forest of Rakiura, the internationally significant RAMSAR wetland at Waituna, and the remnant kahikatea forest of the Southland plains, the region is home to a plethora of endemic, rare and threatened species.
Southland has one of the most diverse and challenging environments in New Zealand. The region's economic and social health is closely tied to the environment through both agriculture and tourism.
We are looking for a motivated and effective leader to implement and coordinate biodiversity activities within our organisation and the community.
This is an exciting role which will require dedication to promoting and effecting positive environmental change.
You will need the ability to provide leadership and direction for both internal and external work programmes as well as the skills to work collaboratively with individual landowners and community groups.
You will also need:
- a practical knowledge of terrestrial biodiversity across a range of disciplines, ecology, zoology, botany, etc;
- working knowledge of relevant legislation, i.e. RMA, BSA, etc;
- excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience in presenting/public speaking;
- a demonstrated high level of expertise in the application of a range of biodiversity management practices.
It is expected that you will hold relevant tertiary qualifications and have a minimum of five years supervisory/project management experience in a related field.
Why Environment Southland?
Southland has a close-knit and caring community with the great outdoors at the back door. In addition to the short, simple commutes and affordable housing that the region offers, Environment Southland provides:
- challenging and interesting work
- engaged and engaging colleagues
- a positive and supportive work culture
At Environment Southland we are proud of the work we do - enhancing the experience of living and working in the stunning Southland region. Become part of our team and make a difference.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.